What is it?
The Hugga demonstrated in supine, is the first universal sleep system of its kind. Research proves that sleep systems reduce tone/tension, prevent or delay contractures and/or structural deformity,help improve respiratory function and avoidance of tissue damage.
The Hugga Sleep System designed by leading neuro-physiotherapists for adults and paediatrics can offer postural support in both supine and side lying. It offers a practical easy to use solution that can be integrated into your care plan.
People who find it hard to move are most at risk of developing body shape distortions and pressure sores because they sit or lie in limited positions.
What can happen if postural care is not given?
- Pressure on internal organs
- Suffering and pain
- Difficulty eating
- Difficulty breathing
Vicious Circle Of Effects
Limited position at night is then translated into a seating position. This can make an expensive chair unsuitable over time.
Clinical Need for Sleep Systems
- Provide external postural control & support
- Reduces the tone/tension within the muscles
- Over time prevents musculo-skeletal deformities & deterioration
- Creates better posture & maintains muscle length
- Reduces the likelihood of invasive & expensive interventions
- Can help reduce pressure sores
- Can improve digestion & breathing
- Less staff input
- Multi functional shapes for back and side lying – less confusing
- Lightweight, wipe clean, breathable
- Easy for care staff to use
- Secures to the bed providing optimal positioning
- Uses properties of pressure relieving mattress
- Gentle, yet firm support – high density conventional foam covered in visco elastic foam
- Improves function, communication and cognitive skills
- Clients have shown enhanced participation with the environment
- Maximises comfort for the client
- Can reduce or delay muscle contractures and joint problems
- Ultimately can avoid the need for corrective surgery
- Supports the body over an extended period making it more susceptible to corrective forces
- Very easy to apply and change position
Designed by two expert neuro-physiotherapists with over 30 years combined experience. The Hugga Sleep System provides external postural control and support during sleep for adults and children. It can be used in either supine or side lying and is very simple to apply.
- People who find it hard to move are most at risk of developing body shape distortions because they sit or lie in limited positions.
- Failure to protect a persons body shape can have serious consequences.
- It can even cause premature death.
- The earlier the intervention the better.
Postural management is a vital part of a clients continuing care yet so often night time positioning is overlooked. We firmly believe in 24/7 management and to that end we will continue to design and manufacture equipment to make this possible.
We are a patient focused company working in partnership with Physios and Occupational therapists throughout the UK.
The team at Ambre-Stone have worked with thousands of specialist in healthcare for many years and understand the importance of designing equipment that is not only a solution to postural needs of our clients but also easy to use for the carer/care staff.
Our goal is to ensure that all those that need postural support have access to high quality affordable equipment that is easy to use and will provide for a better quality of life.
head in supine and between the legs in side lying
Provides substantial support and comfort to the users head in supine. Offers sensory feedback. Used in side lying between the knees and feet to maintain alignment in side lying. Reduces pressure on the hips and creates airflow between legs.
Quantity x 2.
SUPPORTS THE THORAX
Helps maintain a symmetrical trunk. Chamfered to encourage upper limbs to rest appropriately at the side of the trunk. provides further support to the upper body. Can be used to aid correction by applying pressure to the spasticity that may present.
Quantity x 2.
Double Edge Wedge
SUPPORTS THE FEET
Allows user to apply varying levels of flexion at the ankle. Supports the feet and prevents foot drop. Provides sensory feedback and can help with swallowing. Two cushions are provided to manage the feet independently. Also used to support upper and lower back in side lying, maintaining a more aligned spine position.
Quantity x 2.
L shaped head Cushion
Supports the head in side lying
Provides support to the head and is fixed to the sheet with velcro to counter users who tend to fall back when in side lying. Offers sensory feedback. Can be used in supine to assist a user who tends to drop their neck to a particular side.
Quantity x 1.
Who likes it?
Professional Occupational Therapist
Using The Hugga system has resulted in demonstrable and measurable clinical improvements, protection or maintenance of body shape for my clients. A highly effective solution to postural care.
General Manager, Barchester Care Home
Having worked with Andrew providing care equipment support over a long period, I can share my appreciation of the genuine way he looks after his customers and clients a like. Someone who I have been happy to trust.
Critical Patient Carer, Hospital – Birmingham
The chairs are light and easy to move, meaning that they can be quickly manoeuvred to reach the patients who need them the most, and are ideally suited to the fast-paced Critical Care environment. Great service - thanks!
Manager, Assisted Living Centre
I find Ambre-Stone Healthcare very professional and competent with our patients, assessing their needs with our therapists - so correct equipment is put in place at all times. Very reliable, knowledgeable about equipment helpful and most of all very friendly!
Matron, NHS Hospital
I would just like to say that the service we receive from Andrew Smith at Ambre-Stone is excellent. He always rises to any challenge we set him. I know I can ring him at a moment’s notice if a piece of equipment needs attention.
Patient Carer, Barchester Care Home
The guys at AmbreStone Healthcare Equipment always give excellent advice and from there years of knowledge in the healthcare industry, they give efficient professional service.